1. What is a copy-editing service?
A copy-editing service thoroughly reviews text to assure that it is readable, consistent and without typos or grammatical errors. Copy-editing focuses on technical revisions.
2. Who can use your service? Is it exclusive to law school applicants and attorneys?
Any one's professional materials can be copy-edited, The Final Draft is not exclusive to the law profession or professional school. Most of my loved ones are (thankfully) not attorneys and they have had success with my assistance too!
3. When I e-mail you my document, what format should it be in?
Microsoft Word. I will be unable to edit PDFs.
4. When you return my document, what format will it be in?
I will e-mail you a final Microsoft Word version (no track changes) and PDF version.
5. Are there any circumstances where copy-editing may take longer than 3-5 days? Will you have follow-up questions for me?
If there are any significant revisions or areas that require extensive communication, it is possible that the copy-editing service will take 3-5 days. I will certainly e-mail you as soon as possible if I have any follow-up questions pertaining to your materials.
6. Can I expedite my copy-editing order?
Yes but please send me an e-mail first to be sure that I can accommodate you. After confirming, please add "Copy-Editing: Add-On, Expedite My Submission (1-2 Day Return)" to your cart under the Services page and checkout.
7. Do you include artwork or graphics in your service?
Not at this time, all materials will be returned pro forma.
8. Is your feedback considered legal advice?
9. Is there a guarantee that my copy-edited materials will be automatically selected over my competitors?
The Final Draft's goal is to make all of the technical revisions so that your materials are in perfect grammatical condition. Because we do not revise the substance of your work, we are unable to make that guarantee.
10. What if I need something copy-edited that is not listed on your services page?
Send us an e-mail at TheFinal.CopyEditor@gmail.com to discuss.